Tuesday, September 25

LESS FUNNY THAN A KICK IN THE NUT SACK


NORTE: Dispatch, this desk. Today I am flying my flag at half mast bitches. Not for Kyle Wellwood and his balsa wood groin region. Not for the old Norris Division. Not even for my burgeoning realization that my NHL dreams may seriously be coming to an end. Today, I dip my paint brushes in a mix of turpentine and tears for the passing of Ken Danby.

Yet further proof that canoeing in Algonquin Park leads to death. Canada’s foremost realist painter: the aforementioned Ken Danby, has passed away at the age of 67. Who, you may ask, is Ken Danby? Besides being a national icon, he is also the man who painted the iconic AT THE CREASE (see above). RIP sir….you will be missed by painters/goalies all over the world.

1 comment:

Greener said...

Thanks man. Beautiful.